Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Reading vs Burnley Live online

Reading

vs
Burnley

Tuesday May 12, 2009 start : 19:45 Play Off


The Sun reported that the popular Argentinean striker will not turn down the chance of playing for United's bitter rivals next season.

Sir Alex Ferguson, who prevented Gabriel Heinze from moving to Anfield some seasons back, will surely be alarmed that a fan favourite joins Liverpool.

Chelsea and Manchester City are also in the hunt as well as Spanish giants Real Madrid and Italian side AC Milan - according to various sources.

The 25-year-old had told Sunday newspapers he thought he would leave United after his loan spell in the summer because he had not been offered a new contract.

Typically, Ferguson has brushed aside questions about the future of Tevez.

But Ferguson, speaking after United‘s 2-0 win over Manchester City in which Tevez scored, is refusing to quash speculation over the striker‘s future.

“I didn’t read any of the papers. He‘s a Manchester United player,” he said.

Tevez scored a wonderful 45th minute goal for United, firing the ball into the back of the net in off the post from the edge of the area.

The Argentine then ran to his manager cupping his ears, while the Old Trafford faithful sang “Fergie, sign him up.”

Tevez is a favourite of the United fans, who have made no secret of their desire for him to stay.

“They love a trier and that‘s exactly what he is,” added Ferguson.

But when pressed, the Old Trafford boss refused to answer further questions on Tevez, despite the player voicing his concerns in the papers.

“I am very sad about this but I guess what I‘m saying is goodbye,” the striker told the News of the World.

“I don‘t think I‘ll be a United player next season. I‘ve done everything I possibly can but they have never made me an offer or given me a contract.”